You Knew It Was Coming: Sharknado: The Video Game Out Now for iOS
Mobile Action Adventure Developed For Cult Classic IP
(Emeryville, CA) July 29, 2014 -- Developer Other Ocean (Dark Void Zero, #IDARB, NBA Rush), in partnership with publisher Majesco Entertainment Company, today announced that Sharknado: The Video Game is now available for download on iOS. Based on the film sequel “Sharknado: The Second One,” players assume the lead role as Fin as they race to destroy a series of shark-infested tornadoes threatening New York City in this thrilling action-adventure game. The game is available in North America starting today for $2.99, in anticipation of the film’s Syfy premiere on July 30.
“The Sharknado movies already exhibit a strange video game logic, so translating them into a work of interactive art wasn’t much of a challenge,” said Sharknado: The Video Game Director Frank Cifaldi. “We still have a soft spot for the licensed games of our childhoods, the ones that took a lot of strange liberties in the name of fun, and I think we’ve succeeded in bringing that feeling to the 21st century.”
“We still haven’t seen the ‘Citizen Kane’ of video games, but at least we have our Sharknado,” he added.
In Sharknado: The Video Game, players will:
- Run through the streets of Manhattan wielding a broadsword
- Bounce off of the backs of tiger sharks to reach higher ground
- Feed buckets of fish to angry sharks to avoid dyinh
- Surf New York’s flooded avenues, avoiding hammerhead stampedes
- Collect official Sharknado trading cards
- Fly into the heart of the sharknado clutching tightly to a chainsaw
- Learn valuable lessons about sharks...and themselves
To learn more about Sharknado: The Video Game visit: www.sharknadogame.com
Download available for $2.99 https://itunes.apple.com/us/