Super Evil Megacorp - http://www.
- Check out our new video, made by our community here
- The gameplay trailer can be viewed here
- The LAN-Party Trailer can be viewed here
- The ‘Halcyon Fold Cinematic’ from WWDC 2015 can be viewed here
SUPER EVIL MEGACORP’S VAINGLORY CELEBRATES FULL COMMERCIAL LAUNCH ON THE APPLE APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY
Already Boasting More than 1.5M Monthly Active Users, Vainglory Cracks Top Grossing Charts Only Hours After Release
Super Evil Partners with Korean Broadcaster OnGameNet (OGN) to Develop All-New Eight-Camera, 4K Desktop Spectation Client — Changing the Way eSports are Viewed
San Mateo, Calif. —— Super Evil Megacorp, developers of Vainglory, the unapologetically core MOBA perfected for touch, today celebrates the game’s full commercial launch on the Apple App Store and Google Play for more than 150 Android devices. This includes 100% cross-platform functionality. Since Vainglory’s early release on the App Store in parts of the world in November, the game has been praised by critics, honored with Apple’s Design Award at WWDC 2015 and has amassed a loyal community. More than 1.5 million monthly active Vainglory users and 270,000 Twitch viewers watched more than 13 million minutes of the game on Twitch in the month of May alone. On top of that, Vainglory is moving fast into eSports, partnering with OGN on the first-ever Vainglory Worlds Invitational Tournament in Seoul, South Korea, .
“Our players and community have always come first, and we’ve taken the past eight months to listen to feedback, develop a robust set of features, heroes and content and ultimately deliver an unforgettable MOBA experience for touch, just like a PC title would do with a beta period,” said Bo Daly, CEO and co-founder at Super Evil Megacorp. “Today is all about celebrating our players and the continued growth of the Vainglory community.”
In addition to the Vainglory Worlds International Tournament, Super Evil has partnered with OGN to build a 4K-capable desktop spectator client that will be used for the first time during Worlds and will change the way eSports are viewed. Featuring eight camera positions, the client will make Vainglory matches look like real-world sporting events with multiple viewing angles and real-time switching for the broadcast’s director. This dramatically expands the viewing experience beyond the typical top-down camera from which MOBAs are watched.
Further details on today’s launch update include:
● Android support: Includes more than 150 supported Android devices. Vainglory is 100% cross-platform, meaning that players on iOS and Android will play in the same matches and can be in-game friends regardless of device preference.
● Casual and Ranked queues: This allows players who just want to have fun to play casual public matches, but it also provides those looking for an intense competitive experience a place to play hard for skill-tier prestige. The Ranked queue is gated by a number of requirements that ensure only experienced, dedicated players are involved and playing with skilled players of like-minded intent.
● Newest hero: Rona is a deadly berserker who is always ready to leap into battle. She holds her own in melee combat, unleashing enormous damage on everyone who tries to go toe-to-toe with her.
● Innovative skins system: All heroes will eventually have a three-tiered skin theme, which influences both the hero’s appearance and visual effects in-game. These skins get progressively more elaborate and surprising as the tiers progress, giving players something exciting — both inside matches and out — to always be striving toward. The first tier of a skin theme can be unlocked using ICE, Vainglory’s premium (paid) currency, but the other tiers must be unlocked with the cards that drop randomly at the end of matches. Players can also use ICE or Glory (free currency accumulated by playing games) to unlock card packs in a new section of the in-game Market being unveiled in this update.
● Hours of tutorial videos, a revamped Academy and bots to practice against: New players can now learn the basics in the Academy, which includes 30 videos with tips on how to play. Vainglory also has a cooperative mode where players can get comfortable with the game, its tactics and its teamwork against basic bots.