It’s All About the Cheese in the First Tropico 5 DLC Pack – ‘The Big Cheese’ Available Now!
Plus, latest update 1.04 adds save games to multiplayer and other fixes
Bracknell, UK, 24th July 2014 – Do you know El Presidente’s only weakness? His penchant for a good, ripe cheese of course! While his exclusively imported French speciality cheese may bring some short lived satisfaction, El Presidente wants more! So he’s decided to open his very own artisan cheese factory in the first DLC pack for the hugely popular Tropico 5. ‘The Big Cheese’ DLC, available today, challenges players to create and promote an artisan cheese brand by introducing a new production chain with the Creamery: a new building that enables you to make the most of Tropico’s local goats and llamas. Face international competition in an epic quest to create the best cheese in the world and put on the chef’s hat! This add-on includes an all-new sandbox map and task, a standalone scenario including additional voiceovers, building, avatar accessory and music track!
Please Note: people who pre-purchased Tropico 5 via Steam will receive ‘The Big Cheese’ DLC for free as part of the pre-purchase tier reward bonus.
Tropico 5 Update 1.04 has also gone live today: adding save games to multiplayer so you can pause and carry on those extra-long political campaigns later. Check out the change log below for a full list of bug fixes, tweaks and additions. (Please note that the multiplayer game saves update is currently at Beta stage and will be fully implemented soon)
Download the screenshots for ‘The Big Cheese’ here
Included in ‘The Big Cheese’ DLC
- New standalone scenario: ‘The Big Cheese’ - Create and promote an artisan cheese brand
- New building: The Creamery – Produces cheese from milk
- New dynasty avatar accessory: The Chef’s Hat
- New sandbox map: Arco Iris Beneditas
- New music track: ‘Eclectro-Hijinx Orchestra – Amiga’
- Multiplayer: Added save/load game feature (matches are saved to all players locally and re-synced upon load)
- Multiplayer: Fixed issues with determining territory ownership
- Multiplayer: Fixed some asynchronous game states
- Fixed issues with some task chains
- Fixed food consumption modifiers when cancelling Extra Rations edict
- Fixed issues with rebuilding buildings with upgrades
- Fixed rare issue causing never ending fires
- Budget setting is restored for rebuilt buildings
- Fixed issue with "Send Army" action for protests
- Fixed a bug resulting in tanks destroying critical buildings they are not attacking
- Rebalanced cooldowns of Industrialization and Urban Development edicts
- Disabled radio announcements between campaign missions
- Democracy constitution mode no longer prevents military coups
- Coups and Uprisings no longer happen during the Colonial Era
- Modernization of Coffee and Cotton Plantations, Llama Ranches now restore upgrades correctly
- Various tweaks and improvements to controller input
- Depleted deposits display ruin piles to signify that the location is not suitable for construction
‘The Big Cheese’ DLC for Tropico 5 is available to download now from Steam for £2.49/€2.99/$3.99. For non-Steam users, the PC version of the DLC is available via http://launcher.kalypsomedia.