StarDrive is powering up for Launch!
4X space strategy game StarDrive to exit beta and release today on Steam
Haarlem, the Netherlands- 26th of April 2013 - After a very successful Steam beta period, the hugely anticipated indie production “StarDrive” will go live on Steam later today. StarDrive, developed by Zero Sum Games and published by Iceberg Interactive, is being hailed by critics as the new benchmark in the ‘4x space strategy’ genre, with strong emphasis on ship design and combat, and exceeds all expectations a player might have for a 4x strategy game (even pausing to make it turn-based).
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “We have been overwhelmed by the volume of pre-orders and buzz around the beta release, which goes to show how much 4x fans have been craving a title such as StarDrive to fulfil their ultimate 4x dream. After many months of developer dedication, QA and community input, we are now extremely happy to deliver the final product to market. StarDrive is going to be a living thing, that we are committed to keep fuelling with support, updates and upgrades.”
Zero Sum Games CEO, creator and project lead Daniel DiCicco says: "Creating StarDrive has been an incredible journey for me. I am grateful to everyone who has contributed to this project and to the community who has supported it so well. The release of StarDrive does not mark the end of development. Rather, it marks a new beginning. StarDrive is a living product and we intend to support and expand this game for many years to come. Have fun!"
The StarDrive Steam page will appear here: (http://store.steampowered.
The global digital release of StarDrive on all other portals will follow on April 29th. The boxed version of StarDrivewill have its release in European retail stores on May 24th. For more information please visitwww.stardrivegame.com or visit the official forums.
Highly Anticipated 4x Space Strategy Game STARDRIVE to Warp Into Space April 26
Haarlem, The Netherlands– 18 April 2013 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today the official Steam launch date of April 26, 2013 for its hotly-anticipated 4X space-strategy game StarDrive for Windows® PC. The best-selling StarDrive Beta is currently available through Steam at a 17% discount. The full retail version will be released on April 26th with a launch-week discount of 10% .
Download the StarDrive Beta here:http://store.steampowered.com/
StarDrive is a space-themed 4X strategy game with deep ship design, colonization, diplomacy, research, and beautiful 3D graphics designed by new developer Zero Sum Games, which ran a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2011.
StarDrive features include:
• Real-time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view
• Choose from eight beautifully rendered alien races or design your own; interact, negotiate, and forge allegiances on your way to victory
• Expand your empire and colonize all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them, and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry
• Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial capabilities
• Control your ships with classic real-time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
• Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
• Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
• Steal technologies, incite rebellions, or rob your enemies blind with a rich agent-based espionage system
• Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defenses in ground combat
• Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
For more information about StarDrive please visit the official Website: www.stardrivegame.com.