Rise of Venice: Gold Edition Available Now Via Digital Distribution
Comprehensive Gold Edition includes acclaimed strategy title and all released additional content
Bracknell, UK, 18th July 2014 – Kalypso Media is pleased to announce that the award-winning trading strategy game Rise of Venice is now available to purchase via digital distribution as a comprehensive Gold Edition that includes all previously released additional content. Establish yourself as one of the most powerful traders of Renaissance Venice in the main game and then expand your empire as far as Gibraltar in the major add-on ‘Beyond The Sea’. Plus, the Gold Edition also includes both the ‘Steamship’ and ‘Sea Monsters’ DLC. A retail boxed version will be available to purchase from 22nd August 2014.
Rise of Venice - Gold Edition challenges players to rise up through the ranks of Venetian society by crafting their own trading empire. Remove political opponents, apply merchant savvy and trade your way to becoming one of the most influential figures of the Renaissance. Check out the brand new trailer for Rise of Venice - Gold Edition below for a look at how to begin your journey on the path to riches.
View the brand trailer for Rise of Venice - Gold Edition here
About Rise of Venice - Gold Edition
In Rise of Venice, you play as a young man with ambitions of achieving success, power and wealth in Venice at the time of the Renaissance. With the support of your family, you must begin to build up a trading empire across Genua, Tripoli, Rome, Alexandria and Constantinople - in addition to many other significant merchant cities. Through entrepreneurial expertise and maybe even a little Machiavellian intrigue, you must choose between your friends and political allies in order to ascend through the ranks of Venetian society and increase your influence. Create your own fleet, establish production facilities and participate in the political life of Venice. Or venture into challenging battles against pirates, remove competing political rivals and eventually rule as the powerful and illustrious Doge of Venice.
The major add-on ‘Beyond the Sea’ expands the game world of Rise of Venice by adding 13 new cities and numerous residence missions which are given to the player by his family. It also adds special Doge tasks and the NAO ship class: which Christopher Columbus sailed upon when he first discovered America in 1492
Features of Rise of Venice - Gold Edition:
- In addition to the main game, Rise of Venice - Gold Edition features the official expansion ‘Beyond The Sea’ and all previously released additional content
- Trade a variety of goods in the most important cities at the time of the Renaissance: such as Rome, Alexandria, Marseilles, Constantinople, Casablanca and Athens.
- With your own family tree you can interact with other members, send them on missions and watch how the power of your family grows over time.
- Meet other important families who are pulling the strings in Venice’s government and influence political decisions yourself.
- Build your own production facilities and trading fleets
- Take fate into your own hands and test your skills in exciting sea battles
- Multiplayer mode for up to 4 players via LAN and Internet
- Residence missions: family members contact the player with tasks to earn special benefits
Rise of Venice - Gold Edition is now available to purchase on PC via digital distribution with a retail boxed version releasing on the 22nd August. For more information on the game please visit http://www.riseofvenice.com/