Kids Are Magic
LITTLE WIZARDS is published by Crafty Games and available from Crafty Games
The kids in our lives all dream of visiting other worlds, of being heroes in their own special Tales. Here’s their chance! Little Wizards is a storytelling roleplaying game for inventive and inquisitive kids ages 6-10, developed to introduce them to the magic of creating their own characters and stepping into a whole new world. It’s simple enough to learn in just a few minutes and engaging enough for older kids and adults to play with their little ones. Packed with advice for gaming with youngsters, this is a perfect introduction for everyone.
Originally designed for the French market as Contes Ensorcelés by Antoine Bauza (7 Wonders, Ghost Stories) and published by Le Septième Cercle (Qin, Z-Corps), this English-language edition features updated rules and game content developed by Amanda Valentine (Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, The Dresden Files RPG).
This preview contains the following excerpts from the Little Wizards RPG, in the order they appear in the book...
- Basic Rules: An overview of the core mechanic of Little Wizards, including dice rolling, taking and resolving actions, and dealing with Brilliant Successes and Disasters (critical successes and failures)
- Creating a Wizard: A brief example of the differences between Lil' Sorcerers and Li' Mages
- Credits & Table of Contents: See the contents and creators of Little Wizards
- Example Wizard: Mia, Lil' Sorcerer: One of our iconic Lil' Wizards - Mia, sorcerer extraordinaire!
- Example of Play: An introduction to how play works - great for lil' players who've never roleplayed before
- Introduction: Learn who Lil' Wizards are, what they do, where they live, and what you need to put on a hat and have an adventure!
- Lil' Words: Forwards to the game from author Antoine Bauza and developer Amanda Valentine
- The Narrator: Our advice for Narrators new to Lil' Wizards or to GMing itself
- Pumpkin Jack: One of the creepy "monsters" of Squeakydoor Manor, Pumpkin Jack is really just misunderstood... (warning: contains adventure spoilers!)
- Spellcasting & Familiars: Learn more about how hard it is to cast some spells, as well as the role familiars -every Lil' Wizard's best friend - play in the game
You can also grab the basic and form-fillable versions of the character sheet at the Little Wizards Downloads page.