Epic RPG KingsRoad launches in Europe
ProSiebenSat.1 Games and Rumble Entertainment deliver stunningly beautiful Action RPG in the Browser
We're delighted to announce on behalf of ProSieben that KingsRoad has landed in Europe!
Unterföhring – Dec. 17, 2013 – Rumble Entertainment, a leading developer and publisher of premium, multiplatform free-to-play games, and ProSiebenSat.1 Games, a publisher of online games throughout Europe, revealed today that KingsRoad is now available in Europe. Gamers across the EU can now join the 1 million monthly active players already battling their way across the online world.
“As an international publisher of online games it is our goal to continuously offer the best entertainment value to a wide audience on multiple platforms,” says Tung Nguyen-Khac, CEO ProSieben Sat.1. Games, “And we are very proud to announce our publishing cooperation with Rumble Entertainment bringing this epic action RPG to players across Europe.”
In KingsRoad, players take on the role of knight, archer, or wizard, embarking on a journey across the kingdom of Alderstone to reclaim their land from the monstrous creatures that threaten it. KingsRoad offers ruthless real-time combat, a robust loot and skill system and towering bosses with none of the grind associated with the RPGs of the past. With session-based gameplay, drop-in cooperative multiplayer, cloud-saved game data and absolutely no barriers to entry, KingsRoad gives players a truly epic action-RPG experience every time they log in. The amazing 3D visuals in KingsRoad are powered by the latest version of Adobe’s Flash 11 Stage3D technology, which streams high fidelity graphics with no download or delay. Rumble Entertainment is currently working on a tablet version of the game, which will bring cross-platform play to KingsRoad in 2014.
“From the detailed graphics to the depth of the design, we’ve created a game for browsers that can compete against the big-budget boxed games, without players having to pay to gain access to the experience,” said Greg Richardson, founder and CEO of Rumble Entertainment. “Imagine your favourite PC or Console game experience delivered instantly to you and all of your friends for free. That‘s the vision we’ve realized with KingsRoad.”
Rumble is led by an accomplished group of industry veterans with deep social games and publishing expertise spanning the gaming world, from critically-acclaimed MMOs and console games to hit social and mobile titles. The team includes developers, executives and product leaders previously with Zynga, Activision, BioWare, Blizzard, Playdom, Electronic Arts, Turbine, LucasArts, and RockYou.
Players in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom can now take part in the action by visiting www.kingsroad.tv.
Key features of KingsRoad:
- High quality 3D streaming graphics: the latest streaming graphics technology from Adobe brings KingsRoad to players instantly without client downloads
- Three different classes: Knight, Archer and Wizard classes offer totally different styles of play that users can easily switch between, keeping the game fresh and exciting for multiple play sessions
- Real-time co-op: parties of three adventurers can band together to take on greater challenges and earn better rewards
- Non-stop action: Engage in waves of enemies and bosses in combat in your quest to defeat the evil that grips Alderstone.
- Play on your schedule: All of the epic gameplay you expect from an action-RPG without the daunting time commitment
KingsRoad Quick Facts:
- Release Date: Q1 2014
- Genre: ARPG
- Platform: Browser and Facebook
- Developer: Rumble Entertainment
- Publisher: Rumble Entertainment / ProSiebenSat.1 Games
- Price: Free with an optional micro-transactions
- URL: http://www.kingsroad.tv