Iceberg Interactive to publish 4x Space Strategy Game ‘Horizon’
‘Horizon’ coming to digital download portals and retail stores this summer!
Haarlem, The Netherlands - 19 March 2013 -Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Toronto-based game developer L3O Interactive announce that they have struck a publishing agreement for the 4x turn-based strategy game ‘Horizon’ for PC. Horizon is a game of galactic conquest and is set in the not-so-distant future, where humans have just begun venturing beyond the edges of the solar system, only to find that the universe is far from empty! The publishing deal includes worldwide digital rights and boxed retail rights for Western Europe, Russia, Australia and other territories. The game has been in development for several years, with L3O picking up the pace last year, and is currently scheduled for a summer 2013 release.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “With Horizon we are very excited to sign another gem for our ensemble of 4x strategy games. Horizon approaches the genre from the unique angle of humankind’s dawn of space conquest, adding to the rich arsenal of future fiction. Iceberg will now eagerly set out to intensify efforts for a successful launch, focused on extensive QA testing, Marketing, Localization and other publisher duties.”
L3O Interactive CEO Raffi Parsekhian says: “As passionate gamers ourselves and being a small indie studio, it was very important for us to find the right partnership and we are thrilled to have an established and dedicated strategy game publisher in Iceberg. Their experience and commitment along with our passion to the 4x genre will help bring the best out of Horizon.”
Horizon is a grand space strategy game of galactic conquest in which you are in control of humanity’s destiny. You will explore deep space, find new frontiers and discover alien artifacts hidden on long-abandoned planets. You will also learn more about the galaxy as you come into contact with 10 other species, each with their own unique culture, history and schemes. A fully interactive galaxy allows you to navigate open space between stars and planets. Patrol your borders and, when the need arises, defend your territory by engaging in ship-to-ship tactical combat. Develop new colonies and then watch them become galactic centres for trade, industry and science - and of course military bases, outposts and shipyards to build your battle ships. Push your empire to its limits and go beyond the known horizon!
- Advanced turn-based tactical combat which many 4X fans have been requesting for years
- Unique races including ancient civilizations with highly advanced technology
- A Distinct open world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding
- Meaningful diplomacy choices that impact the game outcome
- Immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions
- Play in different galaxy sizes with huge sizes spanning over a hundred star systems and more than a thousand planets
- Discover up to 100 techs each with 10 levels of upgrades
- Design and customize your ships’ weapons and systems based on available technology
- Take coordinated diplomatic and military actions with your allies against your enemies
- Tactical ship control includes boarding other ships, attacking from planetary and orbital defences and much more
About L3O Interactive
L3O Interactive is a Canadian independent video game developer located in Toronto, Ontario. L3O was founded on the principle to make classic hardcore games with innovative and more immersive gameplay elements. The studio is currently focused on completing their first commercial project Horizon, a grand space 4X game which strives to bring a new experience to strategy and sci-fi gamers!