Fresh post- launch update for space 4x game Horizon (PC)Horizon update comes with new screenshot pack
Haarlem, The Netherlands -19 June 2014 – Developer L3O Interactive and publisher Iceberg Interactive announce the second post-launch update for the 4x space strategy title Horizon (PC), released in February this year. The update is designed per community requests to make the gameplay more challenging with a number of interesting improvements and tweaks.
The update introduces a new combat management system, allowing players to better manage each and every battle. Battle engagements are now individually presented on the galaxy map for players to make quick and informed decisions to engage, retreat or auto-resolve. An after battle report summary is also displayed with the results. The system also enhances the participation of allies which can join the battle on either side.
Important Update notes:
- A new instancing mode, allows the player to control every combat turn synchronously one at a time. If the player is involved in a battle - a prompt is shown with choices to engage/flee/auto-resolve or do nothing
- AI boarding now uses the new instinct system making boarding more common when ships are vulnerable. This system also decides for when the AI should retreat and more.
- A Fast-resolve mode has been added for invasions, clicking on the screen during the combat phase will speed things up for quick results
- Ship design limits for weapon refills and emplacements have been increased to allow for more configuration options
- The “reckless expansion” threshold is now dependent on the game difficulty setting
- The tutorial and mission journal entries have been improved to make it easier to follow
For more information about Horizon and the new update please visit http://www.horizongame.com/ and http://store.steampowered.