Experience the sharp edge of politics in ArenaNet’s latest content update for Guild Wars 2, Cutthroat Politics, going live today. This update comes with an exciting twist: players, through voting for a new councilor, will bring about permanent changes to the world of Tyria.
This update is the second since ArenaNet officially confirmed its move to a two-week update schedule and represents the studio’s commitment to providing better content, faster, than any Western competitor.
· Support Your Candidate – 23rd July to 5th August
· New Activity – Southsun Survival – Begins 23rd July
· New PvP Activity – Aspect Arena – Begins 23rd July
· Candidate Trials Challenge – Begins 23rd July
· Exclusive New Back Items
· Mini Ellen Kiel and Mini Evon Gnashblade
· New World vs. World Ability Line – Catapult Mastery
More information and individual advertisement campaigns for Ellen Kiel and Evon Gnashblade, the two Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch candidates, can be found on the release page: https://www.guildwars2.com/releases/
ArenaNet has been delivering new content to Guild Wars 2 at an increasing pace since January and from now on will maintain a 14-day update rate, bringing players exciting new features, events, rewards and storylines at a frequency unmatched by any other Western studio. Today’s decision affirms the studio’s continued commitment to that effort and means that players can expect Tyria to remain one of the most frequently updated and best supported online worlds in the industry.
In the newest update, Bazaar of the Four Winds, merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares. The gathering will feature more than just shady characters and risky trade because, this year, the mystical flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing magical crystals and amazing movement skills to traders and adventurers alike.
In addition to experiencing movement in a new way, players will partake in new themed-events and join in the thrill of the trade. Also included in this update:
· Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can challenge their friends in this new, permanent mini-game.
· Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race.
· Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
· Aspect Back Items: Players can compete in the Sanctum Sprint for a chance to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.
· Personal Quartz Node: Players completing the update will be able to harvest quartz in their home instances, allowing them to craft new recipes.
· Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.
· Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armour skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.
· New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map.
Developer Livestream: Get an early look inside the release during a preview livestream (www.twitch.tv/guildwars2) with ArenaNet developers on Monday, 8th July 20:00 BST.
For more details on Bazaar of the Four Winds, check out the trailer at one of the following YouTube links or visit https://www.guildwars2.com/releases/. For additional details on ArenaNet’s Living World strategy, read Colin Johanson’s new blog post at https://www.guildwars2.com.
In regards to the Living Story content, Lion’s Arch is in chaos following a murder at the Dragon Bash. Inspector Ellen Kiel is spearheading the investigation and is gathering teams of deputies to capture the perpetrator. Players will need to sharpen their weapons and skills to track down the slippery culprit responsible for the crime. Players will join together and partake in multiple events that will lead them through thrilling content and discoveries as part of this update.
Details of the update include:
- New Story Dungeon: Aetherblade Retreat – Find the hidden entrance to the Aetherblade base and take the fight to the pirates. It’ll take skill, courage, and no small measure of agility to battle through to the Aetherblade Captain and First Mate.
- Sea of Sorrows Scavenger Hunt – In this new, permanent content, players search for clues to the locations of 12 plaques that have been set up to honor the history of the city and its founder, in the novel Sea of Sorrows by our very own Ree Soesbee, narrative designer, ArenaNet, hitting store shelves and Amazon on Tuesday, June 25.
- New Rewards – A variety of new rewards are available, including Aetherblade caches, a First Mate Horrik miniature companion, a stylish monocle and more.
- Skill and Trait Balance Update – The largest balance patch ever is being introduced in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every profession trait line is seeing changes. Updates also have been made to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.
- Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode leaves Beta – Custom PvP arenas allow players to host private matches, and customize their map settings. This feature is leaving beta, which means that Custom Arena Starter Kits will be available for anyone to purchase in the Gem Store. Spectator Mode also is officially out of beta. Together, these two features allow for practice, competitive play and tournaments.
- Mortar Mastery Joins the Growing List of World vs. World Abilities – Players can increase their mortar effectiveness by training in Mortar Mastery. Improvements in this line include increasing mortar blast radius, beefing up on damage, reducing skill recharge, and even adding a new skill, Mortar Barrage.
For more details, or to experience Sky Pirates of Tyria, visit HERE.
The Dragon Bash festival is packed with new content and features:
- Holographic Dragon Wings: Dedicated festival goers can earn two sets of exclusive dragon wings by participating in Dragon Bash activities.
- Exclusive Weapon Skins: Those who take part can earn the exclusive Dragon’s Jade weapon skins — only available during Dragon Bash.
- Dragon Ball: The ancient Tyrian pastime of Dragon Ball returns. Teams of players test their skills against one another in this fast-paced game of reflexes.
- Moa Racing: Farshore Ward in Lion's Arch is the site of the fast and furious Moa Races, where anything can happen.
- Dragon Effigies and Piñatas: Combustible dragon effigies have been hidden everywhere. Perform a ritual dance to light them and receive a temporary boost. Keep an eye open for dragon piñatas strung up in honour of the festival – then break them open to receive tasty Dragon Bash candy.
- Unique Festival Helm: Watch the skies above Lion's Arch come alive with an explosive fireworks show every two hours from Friday 14th June at 17:00 BST to Monday 17th June at 17:00 BST. Stay through the finale and receive a unique festival helm - The Horns of the Dragon.
- Lighting Ceremony: Tuesday 18th June, gather on the Grand Piazza of Lion's Arch and join the jovial Magnus the Bloody Handed as he presides over an evening of merriment and cheer over the lighting of the dragon effigies.
For more information about Dragon Bash and Guild Wars 2 please click HERE.