Gamepires releases update for addictive combat racer Gas Guzzlers Extreme
New screenshots accompany improvements
Haarlem, The Netherlands – 21 November 2013 – Videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive is releasing an update for its recently released combat racing game Gas Guzzlers Extreme (PC), via Steam. Developed by highly respected Croatian studio Gamepires, Gas Guzzlers Extreme offers extensive hi-octane single player and multiplayer thrills and has received tremendous feedback from both the community as well as high praise from the Press.
Today’s update focuses on improving the multiplayer lobby environment while also fixing other minor issues. Gamepires is still in full-throttle development and will have some further news soon on the exciting future of the Gas Guzzlers Extreme franchise.
Andrej Levenski, Technical director at Gamepires says: “After the release of Gas Guzzlers Extreme, we started collecting and filtering feedback via the Steam community hub and game forums. We decided to implement a selection of the most talked-about features in this patch. We hope the update and fixes will enhance the overall multiplayer experience and we look forward to your opinion. See you online!".
A quick overview of the new additions and changes:
- Ready button in multiplayer lobby is not clickable if game is in progress
- Added race progress notifications for the players waiting in the multiplayer lobby
- Input controller is automatically set as current input device if plugged-in
- Team color is visible on players in lobby when custom car paint is selected
- Added Croatian and Ukrainian localizations
- Added message for vote keys when voting is initiated
The full 1.0.2 update log can be found in the Steam Community Hub here.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme can be purchased in the Steam store page here: http://store.steampowered.com/
What the press is saying:
- “Buy this game now and join the online frenzy and thrills of explosive car combat racing.” - Game Chronicles
- “Fast paced action, good track design and great music: a thoroughly enjoyable combat racing experience.” – Hookedgamers.com
- "The solid controls, amazing visuals and sheer variety on offer are well worth the £18.99 asking price.” - InvisionCommunity.co.uk
- “A comfortable looking racing videogame with an aggressive edge that much of its competition simply can’t match and a handling system that feels responsive enough for the player to make the most of it.” – Electronictheatre.co.uk