BRIGHTON, UK – 5th NOVEMBER, 2013: NCSOFT® and ArenaNet™, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise, today announced the latest Guild Wars 2 content update, The Nightmares Within, and the corresponding Rock the Nightmare Music Video Contest, which features a unique 3D-printed Guild Wars 2 guitar as the grand prize.
In the 12th November release, The Nightmare Within, players continue the sinister storyline that began in October’s Tower of Nightmares release. Having unlocked the secret behind the toxic defences surrounding the monolithic Tower of Nightmares, players now can assault the tower itself. But new dangers, frights and challenges await all who dare enter the stronghold of the Toxic Alliance between the reptilian krait and the Nightmare Court.
Players can get an inside look at all the new content, events, and rewards in The Nightmares Within during a developer livestream with ArenaNet developers on Wednesday, 13th November 21:00 CET on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch TV channel at www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.
Rock the Nightmare Music Video Contest
Few things are as “metal” as a sorcerous tower of evil, and to commemorate The Nightmares Within release, ArenaNet is hosting a heavy metal music video contest. Starting today through 26th November at 08:59 CET, players and fans can submit a one-minute music video to “The Nightmares Within” song, available for download at the ArenaNet SoundCloud page at www.soundcloud.com/arenanet.
The most creative videos will win SteelSeries gaming gear and one
· Lingering Poison: Though the Tower of Nightmares has been breached, the Toxic Alliance’s nefarious presence remains. Players will find that Kessex Hills and the surrounding countryside still are befouled by poisonous pollen.
· Face The Nightmares Within: Special encounters await players brave enough to enter rooms within the Tower of Nightmares. What will they find? Agents of the evil Scarlet Briar? Or something much more insidious? Only one thing is certain: strength, determination and resilience will be required to survive.
· The End of Nightmares?: Marjory Delaqua, the human detective, developed a special antitoxin to destroy the deadly menace at the heart of the Tower of Nightmares, but the team she dispatched to inject it never returned. Players will get their chance to pick up the fight and succeed where those before them failed.
· Antitoxic Fashion: Players completing the meta-achievement for The Nightmares Within will unlock a special Gasmask Skin that features the latest design in air purification and toxin prevention. This universal skin can be applied to any piece of head armour.
· Exclusive Looks: Players can complete their wardrobes with a new Air Filtration Device – a dry-land version of the starter aquatic helm – or get the new Toxic Spore back item.
· Minis: Players can earn two new Toxic Krait minis – one by destroying Toxic Alliance foes, the other by killing a special enemy hidden deep in the heart of the Tower of Nightmares.
· Tri-Key Chest: Players collecting three keys – either from foes within the Tower of Nightmares or by bartering for them with Marjory Delaqua’s helper, Dee – can open the chest for a chance to win special treasures.
For more details on Guild Wars 2 or The Nightmares Within, visit www.guildwars2.com.