EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition Coming This October
Available for Pre-Purchase Now, Limited-Edition Box Set Celebrates Ten Years of EVE with Unique Items and Collectibles
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND—April 27, 2013—CCP Games, the world’s leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, today announced EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition, a limited-edition box set containing numerous unique items to commemorate ten years of EVE Online® and the continuing evolution of the EVE Universe to include DUST 514®.
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition contains a series of exclusive, collectible items specially crafted for the EVE Online enthusiast and celebrating the game’s tenth anniversary, including:
· Into the Second Decade, a 190-page, richly illustrated hardcover book commemorating the first 10 years of the EVE Universe. Into the Second Decade details the initial release of EVE Online, and chronicles its growth through the game’s numerous free expansions, the community events that helped define the experience, and the launch of DUST 514.
· “Rifter” USB hub, a four-port USB hub modeled on an iconic EVE Online ship.
· EVE Symphony CD, a live performance of the signature EVE soundtrack by the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, recorded in Reykjavik during EVE Fanfest 2013.
· The Danger Game board game, an English-language adaptation of the popular Icelandic board game. Created by a fledgling CCP in 1998, The Danger Game (Icelandic:Hættuspil) helped fund development of the original EVE Online release.
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition also contains one-time-use codes for unique in-game items for both EVE Online and CCP’s newest title, DUST 514, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, set in the same universe as EVE Online.
The in-game items include:
· The “Golden Pod,” an exclusive skin for the iconic capsule (EVE Online).
· A “Gnosis” Blueprint, a five-run blueprint of the 10th anniversary Gnosis, the Society of Conscious Thought battlecruiser (EVE Online).
· The “Time Capsule,” a selection of collectible items based on classic EVE lore as well as memorable moments over the first decade (EVE Online).
· A new skin for the Amarr Magnate frigate (EVE Online).
· A selection of exclusive male and female clothing items and accessories to dress your pilot in style (EVE Online)
· Powerful weapons and a collection of “Templar” dropsuits for (DUST 514).
The box set will also include a “Mystery Code” that will grant owners special, but currently secret, benefits related to future CCP products and events.
In addition to the items above, players who pre-purchase EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition will receive two powerful in-game items: the “Nefantar Thrasher,” a glass cannon-style destroyer for EVE Online, and the Amarr Templar Drop Uplink, a spawn beacon for DUST 514 that requires no special skill-training to deploy or use.
“EVE Online is a unique experience in gaming, with the most passionate, imaginative and loyal gamers anywhere growing and evolving the EVE universe for over ten years,” said David Reid, Chief Marketing Officer at CCP. “This collector’s edition was created in honor of and specifically for those who have truly brought EVE’s solar systems to life.”
Throughout this year CCP will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of EVE Online with a “Second Decade” theme, focusing on the wealth of stories and successes of the first ten years of EVEand its year-on-year subscriber growth. CCP will also look forward to the next ten years of EVE and DUST with reveals, announcements, demonstrations and parties.
About EVE Online®
Celebrating its tenth anniversary, EVE Online (PC/Mac) is a captivating science-fiction game in which hundreds of thousands of players compete for riches, power, glory and adventure in a single universe. EVE players build and command a wide variety of starships and traverse vast solar systems interconnected by a sophisticated player-driven economy, forging their own destinies in the meaningful context of other players vying to do the same. Learn more and play the free trial at www.eveonline.com.
About DUST 514®
The first of its kind, DUST 514 (PlayStation®3) is a free-to-play, premium massively multiplayer first-person shooter directly connected to the acclaimed science-fiction game EVE Online(PC/Mac). In DUST 514, players assume the role of deadly mercenaries who fight dynamic ground wars for dominance of planets in the EVE Universe. Players are armed with limitless customization options including weapons, vehicles, armor and specialized enhancement modules. In DUST 514 every action has real consequences that ripple across a persistent universe of countless players worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.dust514.com.
CCP is the world’s leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, and has been praised for its artistry, game design and unique player-driven, infinitely scalable storytelling narratives. CCP is the creator of the critically acclaimed science-fiction game EVE Online (PC/Mac), which is celebrating its unprecedented tenth consecutive year of subscriber growth. EVE Online is a massively multiplayer science-fiction universe in which hundreds of thousands of players carve out empires through galactic fleet battles and the use of economic warfare. DUST 514® (PlayStation®3) is a groundbreaking, free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter that is set in the EVE Universe and linked to EVE Online. World of Darkness is a modern gothic horror massively multiplayer online role-playing game, based on the classic tabletop roleplaying game Vampire: the Masquerade. Founded and headquartered in Reykjavik, Iceland in 1997, CCP is privately held with additional offices in Atlanta, Newcastle, San Francisco, and Shanghai. For more information, visit www.ccpgames.com.