Haarlem, The Netherlands – 14 August 2013 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and game developer Interwave Studios are delighted to announce having signed a worldwide publishing deal for Dark Matter (PC, Mac and Linux), a side-scrolling survival horror game to be released during the Fall of 2013.
Dark Matter is award-winning developer Interwave Studios’ second full-fledged title and is now in the final stages of development. The game combines a detailed, hand-painted art style with the latest rendering techniques, giving players that perfect moment of spine-tingling terror.
Michiel Beenen, Managing Director at Interwave Studios, the studio behind FPS-RTS game Nuclear Dawn, says, "Having worked with Iceberg Interactive before, we are confident that Dark Matter will be in good hands with them and we are looking forward to another great partnership."
Erik Schreuder, CEO at Iceberg Interactive says, "We like science fiction and we like horror so this was a clear no-brainer for us! We have confidence in Interwave’s commitment to creating quality games and are excited to bring this game to worldwide audiences in the near future."
Dark Matter is currently well on its way on Steam’s Greenlight, but needs your upvote! You can vote for Dark Matter via the following link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103509725
Iceberg Interactive will bring Dark Matter to European retail stores and digital portals in September/October 2013. For more information about Dark Matter, please visit the official website http://darkmatterthegame.com
About Dark Matter
Dark Matter is a 2.5D survival horror game set in a derelict spaceship besieged by a sinister alien presence, and infested with deadly parasites.
As the Ensign, you must explore echoing hallways and facilities, scavenge for parts and blueprints, expand your arsenal to four deadly weapons and freely customize each to fit your combat style against intelligent, reactive enemies.
Dark Matter aims to deliver a hard-hitting take on the survival horror genre, in deep space, with a heavy emphasis on tactical combat and exploration.
• 14 levels in a gritty tale of deep space survival
• 4 weapons, each with 4 ammo types
• Four craftable upgrades to customize your weapons
• Collect scrap and alien resources to craft your own tools and health packs
• Invest in the weapons and upgrades you prefer, develop your own combat techniques
• Complex enemy AI that reacts to the player’s actions and tactics
• Non-linear exploration and storytelling
• Elemental ammo effects that allow you to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to your enemies
• Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
• Uncompromisingly real-time light and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure, darkness-fuelled terror
• Clean, hand-painted textures and custom shading techniques are combined in a unique visual style
• Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances