Bracknell, UK – 21st January 2013 – Kalypso Media UK is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD. This fully comprehensive GOLD edition contains the original legendary tongue-in-cheek economic simulation title Airline Tycoon 2 along with the two bumper DLC packs, Honey Airlines and Falcon Lines. Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD is due for release on Windows PC in the UK and Export Retail on 22nd February. To celebrate the arrival of Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD Kalypso Media have released a brand new trailer showcasing the fun Airline Tycoon 2 has to offer as well as introducing the all new features available.
Download the new Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD trailer here
Watch the new Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD trailer on YouTube
Airline Tycoon 2 – Gold Edition brings an extensive list of new features to Airline Tycoon 2 - use cargo flights as a new source of income, or see if you can profit from last-minute flight bookings. Open branch offices around the world to increase your control of each territory. Airline Tycoon 2 is the long awaited sequel to the legendary tongue-in-cheek economic simulation that puts players in the role of CEO of an international airline! Airline Tycoon 2 challenges players to run a modern airline, design unique airplanes and grow a run-down carrier into a globally recognised company that passengers practically beg to fly. In the Gold Edition, you will meet some old friends. Italian bon vivant Mario Zucchero and German nit-picker Siggi Sorglos join the cast of this unique game. Airports worldwide are waiting to be explored, but beware– your rivals never rest!
Features of Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD Edition:
- Explore real world airports, from Moscow to New York, with realistic travel conditions and passenger volumes
- Build your ideal fleet of planes – use the in-game editor to craft inexpensive mass-transportation “Greyhounds in the sky” or unique, luxury jets that spoil the elite
- Test your management mettle in a challenging business environment as you schedule flight plans, coordinate arrivals and departures and balance income and expenses – all to grow profit and enhance your airline’s global reputation
- Six different avatars with different strengths
- Sabotage – annoy and slow down your opponents with devious actions. But beware; your adversaries may just pay you back in kind!
- Cargo flights: transport goods all over the world and use cargo as a source of income
- Last minute flights: try to master these extra-tricky challenges in short amounts of time to add more money to your coffers
- Branch offices: open subsidiaries in airports worldwide