The first wave of Kickstarter games for TAINTED GRAIL: The Fall of Avalon have nearly been completed and the second wave is due sometime in 2020.
Meanwhile, there is a digital version on the horizon, coming from the makers of the board game and using the media of Steam.
You can view it's intro video here
You can see the Story video here
The PC version is Not a Board Game adaptation, but an RPG created from the ground up.
Every backer of the Board Game on Kickstarter will get the digital version for free on top of their pledge.
If you like what to see and enjoy the universe of Tainted Grail here are few things that you can do to help us!
- Wishlist the game on steam
- Share the word of the game to fiends [sic] that enjoy RPG games! It is a good occasion to convince them to play Tainted Grail and perhaps get them in for a Board Game session ;)
- Play the game and leave us your feedback! You guys are always amazing with very cool ideas and feedback on any issues.
- If you enjoyed the game, write us a review on Steam!
When can I get my Free steam key....?
Ok, so first of all - while the game looks so much better then it did, we are far from being done! We really want to make it an extremely well fledged RPG experience that will compete with other digital games out there.
What we know that we need to work on more:
- Bigger combat complexity / more skills, options and builds
- Overall balance
- Better characters asymmetry
- Better UX and tutorial on each part of the game
- More story choices affecting gameplay in significant way
- Whole village building aspect of the game
- More time sensitive gameplay / events - so that turn system will make sense ;)
- Bugs, bugs, bugs....
- Graphic, audio and animation enhancements
While working on gameplay we were doing tons of different builds and testing out totally out of the box ideas. From the very start we did not want to do a simple port of a Board Game - we believe that every medium have its own strengths and while Board Game mechanics can work amazingly well on the table - on computer they might be very tiresome.
This is why you will see quite a lot of changes in the digital games, most importantly:
- You will control more then one hero! They can change, evolve or even die during your journey!
- You also take care of the whole village, can build new buildings, defend it etc.
- Exploration works differently - you can walk through Wyrdness with wyrdcandles, there are more Menhirs to be light up.
- Combat is totally different - there are more statuses, items and things that game calculates itself (that would be WAY to hard to calculate for yourself during board game session)
- Story is more branching, there are more side-quest and the game will dive deep into the lore of Avalon
But there is so much more small changes everywhere - once you will see the demo, you will know ;) It feels like 2 different beasts, but we hope the overall fell [sic] of exploration and adventure is strong in both titles!