Today we’re announcing ticket sales for the FACEIT London Major. 2018 marks a significant rise in prominent esports tournaments taking place in the UK. Here are a few key pieces of information:
- The UK typically takes a backseat when hosting tournaments due to high costs to organize
- With regular tournaments slowly on the rise, such as the annual Esports Championship Series (ECS), held in June at the SSE Arena Wembley, the UK’s esports community has seen significant growth
- This year will see ECS return for a third year for Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) fans, ESL One Birmingham 2018 for Dota2 fans and the FACEIT London Major a CS:GO tournament taking place in Sept also at Wembley Arena
- The FACEIT London Major will be the most prestigious event to take place in the UK- comparable to the Wimbledon of the esports world. With only two Majors held every year this will be the first time one was held in the UK
- The previous Major broke a record for the most concurrent viewers of an English-language esports tournament stream with 1.13 million fans tuning into the final match.
- 24 of the best CS:GO will compete for a share of $1,000,000 and 40,000 spectators are expected to attend over the 4-day tournament
- Both ECS and the FACEIT London Major is organized by London-based company, FACEIT, which is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform
FACEIT LONDON MAJOR TICKETS NOW ON SALE
FACEIT London Major Will be Live at the SSE Arena, Wembley from September 20th-23rd; Tickets Can be Purchased Starting Today at faceitmajor.com/tickets
London, 2nd April, 2018 - FACEIT, the leading competitive gaming platform and creators of the Esports Championship Series (ECS), are pleased to announce that tickets for the first UK-based Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) Major go on sale today. The FACEIT London Major takes place at London’s SSE Arena, Wembley from September 20th-23rd, 2018, and fans can now purchase tickets starting at just £15 from faceitmajor.com/tickets.
The FACEIT London Major will be one of the most prestigious esports tournaments ever held in the UK and is expected to welcome 10,000 spectators to the arena each of the tournament’s four days of playoffs and the grand final. Three tiers of pricing are available for fans who want to be at the centre of the action, including VIP, Premium and Standard tickets. Fans wanting a VIP experience can purchase tickets for £150, which will include VIP seating, access to the VIP Lounge and a limited edition goodybag containing exclusive swag. Premium ticket holders will also receive a premium goodybag and premium seating for £75. Both VIP and Premium ticket holders will be treated to exclusive FACEIT London Major merchandise. General admission or day tickets start at £15 for Thursday and Friday and £25 for Saturday and Sunday.
Attendees will experience a special CS:GO-themed arena that will include a fan zone and opportunities to meet the world’s greatest teams via signing sessions and meet and greets. FACEIT aims to deliver a truly world-class viewing experience to match the prestige of the Major. New technology will provide attendees a fully immersive experience for each game and opportunities for fans to win even more swag with special drops.
FACEIT will host the Major from start to finish, including the Open Qualifiers, Minors, Challenger Qualifiers and the Grand Finals. Today, the team can also reveal the full schedule for the Open Qualifiers. By utilising its own competitive platform, FACEIT will run all online qualifiers for every region, ensuring that every team from a grassroots level has an opportunity to participate. Open Qualifiers will begin on May 14 with the CIS region set to be the first to compete, followed by Asia. The Open Qualifiers will conclude on June 17 with Europe and North America. The Closed Qualifier for CIS will take place from June 1-3, followed by North America from June 22-24, and then Europe from June 29-July 1. Teams can sign-up and find detailed dates here:https://fce.gg/faceitmajor.
The previous Major broke the Twitch record for the most concurrent viewers of an English-language esports tournament stream with 1.13 million fans tuning into the final match. For those unable to attend, FACEIT will support local activities for fans around the world to gather and enjoy the Major together. Fans will be able to submit their ideas for viewing parties soon. Viewers will also be able to tune in to FACEIT’s broadcast from anywhere in the world to watch all of the action unfold live with new dedicated features to improve the fan experience.
For more information on the FACEIT London Major, including the full line up of dates and more information on pricing, check out the official site at www.faceitmajor.com or follow the FACEIT London Major (@FACEIT or #FACEITMJR) on Twitter.
FACEIT is the leading competitive platform for online multiplayer games, with more than 8 million users logging in a total of over 12 million online game sessions each month. FACEIT allows players to easily play in tournaments and leagues for virtual and real-world prizes through automated tournament management and competitive gaming technology. For developers, FACEIT’s advanced software development kit (SDK) allows game creators to easily integrate user-friendly competitive gaming and tournaments into their titles to allow gamers to take part in competitive online games at all skill levels. esports organizers, players and communities use FACEIT to create and manage online competitions. For more information on FACEIT, please visit www.faceit.com.