New Main Scenario Quests, Alliance Raid, New Game+, and more Headline Expansion’s First Major Update
LONDON (29th October, 2019) – A brave new chapter in the Shadowbringers™ storyline for FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online begins today with the release of Patch 5.1: Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty.
Patch 5.1 marks the first major update for the MMO since the release of its universally-acclaimed third expansion, Shadowbringers, earlier this year, and adds a wealth of new content including the first part of the NieR®-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid. Players will join the android ‘2P’ in exploring this 24-player raid dungeon featuring a new story and unique battle encounters designed alongside guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
You can view the new trailer for the patch here: https://youtu.be/QougrXHkWCo
New content arriving with Patch 5.1: Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty includes:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main story line.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialogue, and battles while keeping your current character and level.Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward™, Stormblood™, and Shadowbringers.
- New Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – Enterthe fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various smaller changes.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- New Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
Additionally, even more content will be added in the coming weeks as the 5.1x series continues, including:
- New Crafter and Gatherer Content, “Ishgard Restoration” (Patch 5.11) - Players on each World will work together as a whole to deliver goods, complete various tasks, and restore the Firmament to its former glory.
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid, “The Epic of Alexander” (Patch 5.11) – a raid which will push even the most skilled players to their limits.
- New PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam)” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to fight in the Danshig Nadaam and demonstrate their battle prowess.
- Blue Mage Updates (Patch 5.15) – The limited job will have its level cap raised to 60, and receive fresh job quests, Masked Carnivale stages and an expanded job log.
Meanwhile, Halloween festivities are still underway in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online for a few more days with the return of the Continental Circus for All Saints’ Wake. Players have until 1st November to earn a variety of in-game items, including the Circus Ahriman mount, by completing the seasonal event content. Full details may be found here: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.
Players new to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online are invited to download a free trial to access content up to level 35, create up to eight playable characters and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, and has received universal critical acclaim since its release in July 2019. Packed with striking new environments, the new gunbreaker and dancer jobs, Hrothgar and Viera races, Trust system and much more, it offers players both old and new hundreds of hours of content to explore.
SQUARE ENIX® Press Site: https://www.square-enix-press.
Shadowbringers Teaser Site: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/
The Lodestone®: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com
Official Facebook®: https://www.facebook.com/
Official Twitter®: @FF_XIV_EN