The ESL Arena hosts 5,000 square meters of competitive gaming action, including two competition stages, the Intel Experience Zone, a livestream presence on Twitch, and many more games and gear to try.
(London, UK) 13 September, 2017 – ESL UK has today announced details of the ESL Arena’s UK debut at EGX 2017, the largest gaming show in the country. Powered by Intel, the ESL Arena has been held at global gaming events such as gamescom, giving fans the opportunity to experience a variety of esports entertainment and get hands-on with the latest competitive games and gear.
The ESL Arena will feature two huge stages for professional esports competitions: The Twitch Main stage and ESL Premiership stage. The Twitch Main stage, powered by Intel, will feature a variety of esports competitions with some of the biggest names in UK gaming. The Premiership stage, meanwhile, will host two much-anticipated ESL Premiership finals for League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, as well as the Rainbow Six Siege: EGX Invitational, the UK’s first official Splatoon 2 tournament, and the fight for best drone sim pilot in the world. Finalists in the ESL Premiership matches will compete for prize money of over £20,000 and the opportunity to compete on a European level through the ESL’s path to pro initiative.
Both stages will be livestreamed on Twitch’s social video platform, with the Twitch Main stage airing exclusively on http://twitch.tv/twitch. The ESL Premiership stage streaming schedule can be found at http://esl.pm/egx.
For fans that want to get involved, the ESL Arena will also include:
- Intel Experience Zone – Featuring a range of interactive demos powered by the latest Intel® Core™ i7 and i9 X-Series processors including Project Cars 2 in VR, Overwatch, Lone Echo and many more. Plus partake in the Intel Treasure Hunt to win big prizes each day.
- Intel Streaming Zone – See the biggest stars of the UK gaming scene stream live, powered by Twitch and Intel. More details to be announced soon!
- ESL Open LAN Area – Get stuck into the action and test your skills on titles such as Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, with a massive 32 Alienware PC’s ready-to-play LAN tournament area.
- Community Area – Try out the Oculus Rift and the greatest retro arcade machines in the country, supplied by Bespoke Arcades, with drinks provided by Red Bull.
- Build a PC – Learn how to build a PC from scratch with ASUS. Tom Logan from OC3D will be holding sessions throughout the four days.
- Expo – Test and purchase high end gaming gear and merchandise from the likes of Alienware, Corsair, HyperX, ZOTAC, MSI, Gigabyte, and the ESL Shop.
The ESL Arena is the first event of its kind in the UK, supported by ESL’s global partnership with Intel.
“We’re ecstatic to be partnering with EGX, Intel and Twitch to deliver what’s set to be the ultimate esports experience in this calendar year,” said James Dean, managing director at ESL UK. “The Arena is far more than just a tournament, it’s a full-360 celebration of all aspects of esports which promises something to see or do for all EGX visitors.”
“The ESL Arena would not be possible without Intel. ESL has recently entered into a global partnership with Intel after working together for over 10 years to hold incredible events such as Intel Extreme Masters, ESL Pro League, and many others. We’re thrilled to expand this partnership in the UK.”